By James Watson Chris (Via EzineArticles) — There are some key traits that differentiate the excellent communication from an average one. Communication. There exist several things that might be useful for pitching an idea, for group meetings, for public presentations and for other forms of communication.
But from all those, there are some key takeaways that leverage much more change than others. So, here are most important things for dramatically improving the quality of your communication:
1. Learn how to Summarize: The ability to summarize is the key. Today, no one have enough time to read or listen long content. The ability to take a long list of points or any other complex material and distill it to some key points is very important. You have to summarize your story in least possible lines. So, the key lesson is going to be: don’t just memorize. Try to chew your message. Make it shorter or longer depending on what happens in realtime.
2. Use of facts: Whenever a person delivers a message, many will resonate with that message but some will definitely criticize or attack the messenger. So, it is important to base all of your assumptions and conclusions heavily on facts. You can yourself some leeway. But whatever content you present to whichever audience, stay based heavily on the facts. This is because you will be attacked and questioned, and you better have an answer when the time comes.
3. Connect with Targeted Audience: Facts are not the only thing that matters in a presentation or speech. However, the way these facts are presented is important. Today, everyone can read numbers, but only few people can make you truly empathize with them, like them and open you to suggestion. So, whenever we need to convey a message, we have to wrap it in stories or a personalized message that matches the audience.
4. Cross-Reference: Try to find ways in which your message references or reflects information that exists in articles, books or from direct quotes. If you message is more common with existing content from other people, you will have more authority. Also, you will be able to relate and articulate that message based on other existing perspectives. This allows you to relate and connect more to the audience.
5. Be prepared: People will have questions and might need you to clarify a specific point. They want you to answer a completely unrelated question. You have to mentally train yourself to take all these scenarios in stride. Some might ask weird questions or they might simply miss a part of your message or understand it the wrong way. So, it is important to be prepared for of all these scenarios.
So, these were the five points that will help you to improve the quality of your communication skills. Follow them! If you want to add something to the topic, please share with us in the comment section below.
Altura Communication Solutions is trusted as one of the leading communication solution provider to all size of organization, help them to design, deploy and manage their networks.