(WASHINGTON COUNTY, Ore.)— While single-family home construction struggles to reach permit levels seen prior to the Great Recession, one Oregon county is seeing massive growth in small apartments and multifamily.
For the second year in a row, 2014 saw impressive gains on multifamily construction permits in Washington County, The Oregonian reports:
Multifamily construction permits in Washington County, however, were higher in both 2013 and 2014 than in any year since 2000, with about 1,300 being issued in both of those most recent years.
Single-family permits were down significantly from the nearly 3,000 permits issued in Washington County every year from 2000 through 2006.
- The Millionaire’s Secret to Multiplying Wealth in Real Estate
- Pay One Year’s Rent or Mortgage with One Small Apartment Deal
- 3 Reasons to Build Your Real Estate Empire with Small Apartments
- 10 Ways Multi-Family Makes You Happier, Healthier and Wealthier
- Top 3 Prospects for Wholesaling Small Apartments